Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day!

To my Olivia: Today is Mother's Day, sweet girl, and I am so incredibly lucky to be YOUR mother. I feel that way every single day. I absolutely love it when you give me hugs and pat me on the back while we embrace. I love your sweet little voice, especially when say such words of kindness like "thank you" and "good day!" but extra-specially when you say Mommeeeee! :) I cherish your laugh!! And, you are SO funny. I never knew you would have such a sense of humor so young. You genuinely crack me up. We certainly need our laughs, because it's true, sometimes our days are pretty tough. But, you are tougher; stronger than anyone I've ever known. You have shown me what real strength is. You are teaching me what it means to persevere. 

My dear, sweet Olivia, to be your mother and get to love and guide you every day is the greatest gift I have or ever will be given. I cherish every moment up to this point, and I promise to continue to linger in our hugs and in our bouts of the giggles, because all I have is our life.....at this moment.

All my love forever and ever,
Mommy

1 comment:

  1. So beautiful, so touching. You are both so blessed to have each other, it's a marvel and a miracle to behold. Love you both bunches.

    ReplyDelete