Saturday, January 29, 2011

Surgery Scheduled....For Sure, Maybe.

We saw the head/neck surgeon Friday for consult. Liked him and his support staff very much! Got everything in order for surgery to happen this coming Tuesday at the crack of dawn o'clock. There is a bit of back and forth between hospital and implant company on price of the device, but SUPPOSEDLY that has been settled, and we are safe to assume surgery is happening. I am only half holding my breath just because I know the sting of disappointment. However, even if we run into a snag it will just be put off for a weeks--so they tell me. All that said . . .

We are moving forward and getting ready for the BIG day! She has to start an antibiotic on Monday for preventative purposes, and I already have her pain medication prescription filled and ready to go! I like how this surgeon thinks ahead. She gets a good scrub down bath Monday night, and that's about it as far as prep. It will be done outpatient (90-minute time slot). Hoping for a quick/smooth recovery and then home to take it easy, hopefully!

Going to keep this post extra brief, because it is naptime, I cannot keep my eyes open! Olivia's sleep pattern is all over the place these days. This girl knows how to wear her momma OUT!!   :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment